Here’s our second patch for Double Cross, with some adjustments to combat, an option to skip dialogue in levels you’ve already beaten, and several other minor improvements and bug fixes.
Combat and Movement
- We adjusted combat inputs to make performing more advanced moves easier.
- We made Zahra’s wall jump a bit more forgiving.
- Combat damage is now better communicated by having characters flash red when hurt.
- We reduced how much Zahra can push enemies by walking into them.
- Using the Double Jump upgrade in the Firebrand Factory will no longer break the camera or certain monster closets.
- Falling out of the caravan during the last second before an explosion in Bonecrackle Canyon no longer respawns you surrounded by invisible walls.
- We fixed a spawn point in Bonecrackle Canyon where players could get stuck inside a truck upon respawning.
- We fixed a bug with the camera at the beginning of Kaneda Boulevard.
- We added visual guides to the moving platforms in the Bowhemoth in Funky’s Arcadium.
- We fixed some camera jitter in RIFT HQ.
- We simplified the final challenge before the boss fight in Gootopia, and removed the jitter that was happening in it.
- We adjusted the beginning of the Funderdome boss fight so that players can’t get pushed into the floor.
- We fixed an issue where the Hanchobot’s hands would not explode properly.
- We added a new intro to the final boss fight, which includes a terminal that lets you change upgrades if you die during the fight.
- We added a better telegraph to one of the final boss’s attacks.
Menus and Case Log
- We added a button to access the Manual on the pause menu.
- Replaying boss levels no longer shows red exclamation marks on Case Log items you unlocked the first time.
- We added an option to skip dialogue by pressing Escape (or Start, on most controllers) while watching dialogue in levels you’ve already beaten.
- We adjusted the goo shader to properly reflect intended visuals.
- We fixed an issue where Sprout would look really aliased after being shown certain clue.
- We raised the overall volume of the game.
- We added a combat tutorial pop-up to the training level.